Sunday, August 27, 2006

I've been running around like a chicken with it's head cut off and classes hasn't even started yet...

Well, the title of this entry just says it all. For some strange reason I just couldn't get any sleep last night, I ended up sleeping at most 4 hours of sleep. Fortunately I put my recent purchase of a coffee maker to good use and had two cups this morning to get me going. On Saturday I met some freshmen that play in the LMB (Lumberjack Marching Band) and told them about the music ministry at First Baptist. At the moment to me they sounded interested and had some hopes that they would come this morning (Sunday morning). So I decided to go up to the church early (around 7:30 am) and make sure that I had copies of music for these three freshmen that I talked to just in case if they show up to play. Once Andre (the music minister) started going through the order of worship I had forgotten to copy the second page of a piece for the pianist, so I rushed out made the copy as quick as I could, and got the page back to the pianist. Once the rehearsal for the order of worship ended and I got downstairs to the basement (that's where the college bible study meets) I felt like that I was on a caffeine rush from the two cups that I had before I left for church, some adrenaline flowing from all the running around the church that I had to do, or possibly a combination of both. Anyways in the end what ever was the cause of me feeling in constant motion, was able to slow down and eat some of the provided breakfast for the college group. So if me feeling "hyper" this morning was from drinking the coffee, then looking back I think it might have helped a bit on just dealing with all the commotion going on today at First Baptist.

Speaking of First Baptist, this morning the orchestra was originally gonna play the offertories, but instead we were moved to play just the prelude so that the choir could have a little more practice on singing music from the musical that they did tonight. After the worship service and tonight after the choir musical, members of the church came up to me and told how much they enjoyed listening to the orchestra. First off, the credit should go towards not only to myself but primarily towards everyone else that played this morning. Though I played one part in the music, having everyone else playing created a gloryfilled worship that obviously not only pleased the members of First Baptist, but also pleased God as well. One thing I try to keep in mind that worship isn't just playing an instrument or singing, it's any form of action that glorifies God's name. Towards the end of the service this morning and this entire afternoon I was filled joy all of a sudden and recalled how great God is. I'm not quite sure what was the cause of this realization you could call it, but with all that went on today just made me at peace.

Alright, now if you have gotten to this point, good for you and I'm getting to the point of this entry. The major point of this entry was this afternoon and evening. About 2:30 pm I went up to First Baptist so that I could do some final preparation for an audition that I had tonight. Then at 3:30 pm I went to the BSM to show some freshmen around campus. The group that I was showing around campus were for nursing and math majors, however no new math majors showed up to be shown around campus. So it was me and like seven girls (I'm not complaining) walking around campus as I pointed out locations of the students classes. Then at 5:00 pm I went back to First Baptist to basically follow the music minister around so that I would be available to help in any way before the musical. Then at 6:00 pm I left to go to play my audition in the music building. After that I grabbed some food, which at this point I'm starving from all the running around that I have been doing. About 7:00 pm I went back again to First Baptist to help taking down equipment that was used in the choir musical. I then relaxed at the apartment for 30 minutes before I left to the BSM for the coffee house night. Now the coffee house night was fun, and I got back to the apartment around 11:30 pm. So after getting 4 hours of sleep and running around, what am I doing? I'm typing out this entry at 1 am. The fortunate thing though is that I don't have class till 10 am.

So that was my last day before classes start back up for the fall semester. Hopefully this week two good things will come. First I get a decent chair in one of the three concert bands. Secondly, my brother and sister-in-law find out if they will be having either a boy or a girl.

Possibly I'll update either mid-week or the end of the week on how my first few days of classes went. Later and thanks for reading my blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home