Friday, June 29, 2007

My impression of California so far...

Yesterday I was asked the question of "What do I think of California/L.A. so far that I've been here?" Well note that I have been here in L.A. for 3 days now, so I can't really come up with concrete opinions of California, but here it goes.

1. Californians are very aggressive drivers. Now with me being from the Houston area, I know what traffic is and how bad it can get. Well California there is traffic, but with everyone being aggressive all the traffic flow keeps moving.

2. There are very little number of left turning lights in L.A. I've come to learn that green means go, red means stop, and yellow means to make your left turn. That's a bit different on what I've come to know with the yellow light which is yellow means to go faster.

3. Californians are very impatient, or always has somewhere to go in very short amount of time. This opinion reflects the traffic flow as well. Granted this opinion is based on one person that I have observed, but again I've only been here for 3 days. Anyways I was riding with guy in his truck to pick up some pizza, and we came up this woman in her car with her kids in her vehicle. Well she came to a complete stop, and allowed the truck coming from our left to go through the intersection. Right as the truck's rear half was infront of the woman, the person I was riding with was honking his horn telling the woman to get a move on. Now also a reason for this behavior could very well be that we were picking up lunch for the office that the person that I was riding with could be hungry.

4. There is political talk all the time around me. Now I really don't mind talking about politics or complaining about what the government is doing wrong, but it can get a bit old when you hear it 24/7. There have been times where I try to change the subject of conversation, and the conversation ultimately comes back to politics. Again, I don't mind talking about politics as long as it is in moderations.

That's about all the obersations that I have made on California/L.A. so far. Now some these could very well change and there will most likely be more, but that's it for now.

As for now, I'm gonna go play some golf with my cousin, her husband, and my uncle. Until the next post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home