Friday, September 29, 2006

I want this to be for God...

Well today I finished making my initial round of talking with adults and leaders that I look up to concerning about this mission trip that I'm looking at through Go Now Missions. After talking with Bobby, he reminded me or helped emphasize on not to get my hopes up too quickly. Sure God could very well hand picked me to go on this mission trip that I'm considering, but in the past I thought that God had planned for me to be in top concert band back in high school or at Texas A&M for college. Back then I would knock on one door and hope that God answers on the first try. Now I'm learning that I need to be patient on knock on several doors by seeking information and doing my research until God answers. Sure I realize that if God intended for me to go on this mission trip that He would continue to open doors for me. But like I said, I don't want to get my hopes up too much. Sure it would be awsome to be able to go into another country to play my trombone or sing for the pleasure of God and spreading His word.

Looking back, I kinda did this with First Baptist Choir and Orchestra when we went to Seattle and Victoria, Canada during spring break. We held a concert just about every day at a different church during spring break, and every day I saw God's presence appear by the way people reacted as we sing. It was just a wonderful sight to see and hear the little children in the crowd sing with us on "Jesus Loves Me." Hearing their little voices singing along with us just brought a smile to my face every time. Also every church that we went to had a different song that impacted them the most. At one church, the song "Season of the Soul" really touched the pastor and church members because they have been going through a rough patch since their church had a split in members. From our stand point, we hoped that the song helped encouraged that church with the thought that even though they are in some hard times now, that by putting their faith into God there will be much grander times ahead. Another church there was a song that talked about sunsets, and as we were singing the sun just so happen to be setting. Now that was a sight to behold.

If this mission trip in Europe is going to be anything like the trip that I just described, I just can't wait to go Europe and be where God is. I'm trying not to put the thoughts that I will be going on this trip for sure right now, but I know for sure now that I have several friends and family encouraging me, praying for me, and willing to help me for this cause.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home