Saturday, September 02, 2006

It feels like it's the end of the semester instead of the beginning...

Usually the first week of classes reveals the easiest week for the class. If that's the case then by the end of the fall I will be wishing that I'm graduating this December instead of next. The way my schedule is set up, Mondays and Wednesdays are going to be the busyest longest for me since those days I have my education classes. Also with being the music intern at FBC, my Wednesdays are even longer. This past Wednesday I was non-stop from classes and at FBC for 13 hours. This then made me realize how important it is for me to have my homework done on Tuesdays instead of wait till Wednesday to work on it. I'm just hoping and praying that I'll have the strength and endurance to survive the semester.

Classes wise, I'll be busy doing homework for my Advance Calculus I and Introduction to Probablility Theory. As for my education classes, one of them is a continuation of the education course that I took in the summer and I'll be doing pretty much the exact same type of outside activities for the class. The other education class is just going to require a good bit of reading to do. Then lastly for my music classes, at this point I'm enjoying every minute of them and treating my music classes a scape goat from the other classes. Don't get me wrong, at times I enjoy my other classes, but they get so cummbersome and I need something to keep my interest in school (fortunately that's where my music classes come in). I'm excited about Trombone choir because there are 13 of us right now and we recently played a piece that calls for 14 trombones. Even though we were unable to fill the 14th part, but the piece sounded like a pipe organ with the tone quality of trombones. Along with that, Dr. Scott is looking at taking the trombone choir on tour to play at some high schools in the Houston area. Who knows, the trombone choir might be playing at my high school alma mater.

I think that brings ya' up to date on what's going on with me. I hope that you are having a blessed week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home