Monday, July 30, 2007

Week four...almost done...

Sorry that I haven't been very good on updating this blog every week, but being a counselor in this summer seminar does keep you busy. So what have I done that keeps me busy you ask? Well within these past couple of weeks since I have updated I have been on field trips with the kids to Disneyland, Universal City Walk, Electronic Arts (a videogame company), Mann's Chinese theater (saw Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix for the second time), work the camp store, take kids to the health center, hang out with the kids, study for TExES PPR exam, and read a couple of books.

Disney was awsome and I'll post pictures tomorrow (hopefully) which some of which are pretty good shots if I say so myself. Electronic Arts was sweet to go to and learn what all kind of people work for EA and plus they sell their games at a discounted price there at EA (most expensive were $20 for XBOX 360 games). After listening to some of the speakers at EA talking about that all the workers that make the games (designers, artists, producers, and programmers) all need to have a strong foundation in their math kinda makes me want to apply there. However there would most likely be a slim chance I will get a job there at EA. Mann's Chinese theater was a cool experience to go to, also the hand and footprints outside of the theater was a lot smaller area than I last recalled.

With this being the last week, it's going to be rather busy because the kids will be finishing their final papers, projects, and presentations. Since I have been here I have been helping the ballroom dancing class out because they need guys for dance partners. However last Wednesday I realized I wouldn't be much of help because the dance class's performance is this coming Thursday night and I'm heading back home to Texas on Thursday morning. I am very fortunate that one of the other male counselors will be filling in for me, hopefully he will be able to learn all the steps by Thursday. I am a bit disappointed on coming home early because all of the kids performances or presentations are on Thursday and Friday.

Tomorrow I'll be going to the Dodgers vs. Giants game with the kids. So hopefully either tomorrow morning or Wednesday I'll post some pictures and more information as to what all I've been up to. Until then...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home