Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Almost halfway there...

I'm almost done with week 6 of 13 for my student teaching. At this point in time, I've been visited by my university professor 3 times, 2 of which he observed me teaching. Both of the two times my university mentor told me that I've done a great job and will be a good teacher. The second time was a bit of an improvement for myself because the second visit appeared that I had more control of the class. I think with me being in the classroom as long as I have so far, the students are becoming more comfortable with me in the classroom. However, the Math Modeling class is still proving to be a challenging course simply because we are just about having to rewrite the lessons every week if not every other day. For instance, today we were supposed to give a quiz over proportions, but all the students were asking the same question it seemed like, "How do I start this?" So with that, we took up the quizes regardless if the students completed it or not, it was just a waste of time and wouldn't be an effective assessment of their knowledge. Before my high school mentor teacher started her lesson, I asked if I can make a comment for the students. From there I basically retaught how to set up and solve proportions which I now hope the students have a better grasp. This is unfortunate when it seems like we are having to reteach material from Geometry to students that have already taken geometry.

So, that's it for now. This weekend I'm going to Nacogdoches to visit friends and the main reason to show support for a friend that is having a gallery of her projects and progress through the school of interior design at SFA. Hope that ya'll have a blessed weekend and Happy Single Awareness Day! (AKA Valentines Day)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home