Saturday, March 08, 2008

Yup, it's unofficial...

that I have passed the TExES 135 Math 8-12 test for secondary certification. Out of 80 scorable questions, I got 67 correct. So that gives me about an 83% score, and I needed an 80% to pass the test. Because I feel like showing off my unofficial scores, here is the break down as to how I did:

I. In the category of Number Concepts, I got 7 out of 11 correct.

II. In Patterns and Algebra, I got 24 out of 27 correct.

III. In Geometry and Measurement, I got 14 out of 15 correct.

IV. In Probablility and Statistics, I got 9 out of 11 correct.

V. In Mathematical Processes and Perspectives, I got 6 out of 8 correct.

VI. In Mathematical Learning, Instruction, and Assessment, I got 7 out of 8 correct.

All in all I thought I did pretty good, and it really helps out on keeping my math skills going while I'm student teaching. By teaching Algebra II and Math Modeling w/ Applications, the teaching aspect has helped refresh my memory on my both my Algebra and Geometry skills. So, basically I'm very grateful for the student teaching helping me out on that. I also have to give some credit to God, because there were some moments were I felt like I was starting to drift of into my own little world, and as soon as I blinked I was refocusing on the problem at hand. To be honest, that was God answering my prayer that I had said at the beginning of the day. So props also go to God on keeping my cool and focus on the test.

What this means now is that I am half way through with my tests for Secondary Certification. All I have left now is the 8-12 PPR exam, which tests my knowledge as to how I would react to dealing with students, parents, and administrators as well other items that would pertain to teaching in general. This is the test that I'm more worried about because it took me about 6 tries to pass the practice test that SFA requires before I can take the real one. This just means I'm going to be practicing and studying a lot more for this test than my math content exam. Now as to when I plan on taking this next test, as of right now I'm not sure. I'm going to be contacting SFA to get the green light to register for the test and then I'll be able to figure out a good time to take the exam. I'm thinking possibly sometime in mid to late April, so that I will have time to prepare myself for the test.

I'm almost done with college, and I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home