Saturday, September 23, 2006

What is in store for our lives?

A couple of weeks ago at the BSM I was scoping out the Go Now Missions packet as to what all mission trips they are offering this coming year. One trip that caught my eye was this mission trip to Easter Europe for musicians. Here is the trip description as of right now:

Musicians are needed in coffeehouses, drama clubs, sports events and making
relationships. Come and join the AGPG Teams and be a part of changing
the lives of students village to village!

This trip is calling for 5 students and will take place on June 1-16. When I first saw this I thought that musicians in coffeehouses probably means that they are looking for guitar players or something along those lines instead of a trombone player. Then that weekend when I went to the Focus conference, this trip came back to my mind constantly on the Saturday night service. I thought it was kinda weird, but I was glad that I had my journal with me so that I could empty my thoughts that night. If God is calling me to go on this trip, I just want to make sure that my heart is in the right place as well as that this trip is going to be for God and not myself. With something to this magnitude for a mission trip, I want this to be for God. After mentioning this trip to family, friends, and pastors majority of them seems supportive and will be praying for me. However, when I first mentioned the trip to my mom it seemed like that she doesn't want me to go on it. I'm not quite sure why I got this impression, maybe that since I'm her youngest son that she still sees me as her baby and worries that I'm looking into doing thes kind of trips. I really don't know. But in the end I hope that she is supportive and encourages me on this matter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home